What’s in a name? S.manie in Italian translates to “Mania for Sports”. As a company, Smanie Saddles is, above all else, passionate about all things two wheels. We are bonded by our love for cycling and the community around the globe that it encompasses. It is with this passion that we meticulously strive to design innovative, high-end, ECO-friendly saddles with riders’ passions on the forefront of our minds.
As cyclists, we know that the most important attribute of a great saddle is for it to disappear beneath us as we ride. It should be void from our thoughts and allow us to focus on the road or trail ahead, the sights surrounding us, and the ability to absorb the experience that being on two wheels brings. This is why we have developed our TRI S Program.
TRI S Program
When a cyclist sits on the saddle there are three points of contact that are subjected to the most pressure: two at the back in the ischial area and one at the front in the perineal area. These points vary according to the “size” of the pelvis and the muscular structure. When designing a shell for a saddle, the TRI S Program aims to identify these pressure points so that the saddle will suit varying cyclists’ needs by increasing lateral support surface for the bones in the ischium and designing a central channel far enough forward to relieve pressure on the perineum. This knowledge has enabled us to produce a very versatile range of saddles that meet the needs of professional and amateur cyclists alike, each with unique pelvic structures. This technique has been utilized in designing all of the saddles in our collection, and is the core of our advanced design process.
It is our belief that a keen focus on seeking new materials, construction techniques, and shapes are cornerstones to creating saddles that will meet any demands you ask of them.
Our aim is for you to be able to get the best out of your ride; whether it’s completing your first Century, exploring new terrain in your local mountain range, touring a foreign country, earning the Top Step at your next Crit race, or watching your kids nail their first rock garden.
There are many exhilarating things to focus on during your next ride. We at Smanie believe that thinking about your saddle should not be one of them.
All of our saddles feature:
- Athermic Insulation: We use padding that is heat resistant to allow for a more comfortable ride during those long days in the saddle.
- Water Repellent: The use of waterproof materials to protect both saddle and rider from unwanted friction and premature wear.
- Green: ECO friendly manufacturing process
- Recycled: Use of fully recycled materials
- Core Elastomer: Use of synthetic polymer in the center of the saddle to improve the comfort in the perineal region.
- Air Flow Technology: Use of breathable material
- Eco+ : For the first time ever ECO+ is now more than just padding that offers completely recyclable comfort and design. ECO+ is used for the Smanie range of paddings. It is a closed-cell polymer structured material, so the padding no longer needs to be covered with microfiber or leather. This offers so much more than traditional open-cell padding, as it is completely recyclable, water repelling, and athermic. This is what makes the ECO+ padding system we proudly use so incredibly unique.